Applications / Permits
- Building Permit (residential and commercial)
- NYS Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code Checklist (required with Commercial Building Permit)
- Basement Fit Up Specification Sheet
- Sign Permit Application
- Sign Specification Sheet
- Septic System Installation Permit
- Soil Disturbance Permit
- Swimming Pool Permit
- The Building and Planning Department requires an original signature on all permits. Photocopied signatures are not acceptable.
- The Building and Planning Department requires a plot plan showing the location of any new construction with drawings to match. The applicant must show all setbacks on the plan.
- Please check with the Building and Planning Department for specific information pertaining to a particular permit. (518) 899-2685
Planning Board Applications
Planning Board applications must be submitted in person. Please call the Planning Department to determine application fees. (518) 899-2685
- Change of Occupancy Tenancy
- EAF Full
- EAF Short
- Lot Line Adjustment
- Major Sub-division
- Minor Sub-division
- Planned Development District Application
- Site Plan
- Special Use Permit
- Stormwater Management Plan Checklist
- Stormwater Maintenance Agreement
- All application materials must be collated (16 copies of all materials)
- All application material must be submitted electronically – either on a CD, flash drive or if the files are small, you may email them to us.
Form-Based Code Applications (Downtown Malta)
- FBC Project Site Pre-Application
- FBC Project Pre-Application Checklist
- FBC Project Site Application
- FBC Project Application Checklist
Zoning Board of Appeals Application
Zoning Board of Appeals applications must be submitted in person. For additional information please call the Building Department (518) 899-2685.
- All application materials must be collated (12 copies of all materials).
- There is a $500 fee for each appeal application, and a $350 fee for each interpretation application.