About the Town Clerk
The Town Clerk's office is considered the hub of the municipality, providing many services to assist the public. The Town Clerk's office provides 2 Public Notaries, Handicap Car Registrations, Vendor Permits, Voter Registration Information, Liquor Licenses and even offers Town Clerk By Appointment for those residents who need services outside of regular business hours.
Hours Monday-Friday 8 AM- 5 PM
Please note: Marriage Licenses are issued each day from 8:30am to 4:30pm, or by appointment. Please Call 518-899-2552 for appointments.Town Clerk
Please note: The Town Clerk's office accepts cash or check only for all transactions.
Town Clerk - Jennifer Holmes
Deputy Town Clerk- Angela Koenig
About the Office
The Town of Malta has an elected Town Clerk who is elected by the public, every two years. The Town Clerk is responsible for presiding at Town Board meetings and keeping the official records of the Town. The Town Clerk is also responsible for the records and archiving all records of the Town.
Town Clerk's Office provides:
- Preparation of minutes for Town Board Meetings
- Legal Notices: Bids, public hearings, notices of adoption of new local coded and/or laws
- General, primary, and special elections
- Freedom of Information requests
- Issuance of handicapped parking permits
- Issuance of Certificates of Residency
- Issuance of Marriage Certificates and Certificate Copies
- Offer Notary Services
- Maintenance of Town Records
- Dog Licensing
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Vendor Permit Application