- Receiver of Taxes
Receiver of Taxes
Elected Receiver of Taxes
One of the cornerstones of town government is its authority to collect, and enforce payment of taxes. The real property tax is the most important source of locally raised municipal revenue.
In towns of the first class, such as the Town of Malta, the collection of taxes is carried out by an elected receiver of taxes.
Attention Town of Malta Taxpayers
Authorizing Collection of Real Property Tax and Water Charges Via the Internet
2023 Tax Bills Will Be Mailed at THE END OF december 2022.
Checks must be dated after December 31, 2022
From Your RECEIVER of Taxes, Candace Schmidt
While the tax receiver’s office is not open to the public. Please use the drop box in entryway vestibule of Town Hall. Open Monday-Friday 8am- 5pm Jan- March. Closed Jan 16 and Feb. 20, 2023
Malta Tax Receiver
2540 Route 9
Malta, NY 12020
Hours for the Tax Receivers Office are as follows:
- January 03-31 Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Closed January 16, 2023 In Observance of Martin Luther King Day
- Weekday Night Hours will be Thursday January 26, 2023 (5 pm- 8 pm)
- Weekend After Hours will be Saturday January 28, 2023 (10 am-1 pm)
- February & March office hours Wednesdays thru Fridays (12-4 pm)
While the tax receiver is accepting payments, cash is highly discouraged, certified bank checks, personal checks or money orders are accepted. Prior appointment for in person consultation.
Pay by Mail
- Check Payable to: Town of Malta Tax Receiver, 2540 Route 9,Malta NY 12020
Pay On-line- Convenience Fee of $3.95 for VISA Debit Cards $1.75 for E-check
2.45% for credit cards
To View, Print or Pay Town & County Tax Bill Online:
- Enter Town website https:www.malta-town.org
- Find Government below top banner and click on it
- Click "Departments" then find "Receiver of Taxes"
- Click "View and Pay Taxes"
- Click "View and/or pay by Credit Card or Debit Card on-line"
- Choose "Collection 2023"
- Enter Last Name or Address (Leave off abbreviations ex: Rd. or Pl. or St.)
- Choose from list and follow instructions
The tax receiver’s office is closed annually after March 31 , 2023. Thereafter, please contact and remit any tax payments to:
Saratoga County Treasurer 40 McMaster St. Ballston Spa, NY 12020 Ph: (518) 884-4724