Click to Home
HomeGovernment

Go To Search
CommunityResident Help Center
View all facilities

Collamer Park

Image Unavailable

Features

  1. Basketball Court
  2. Historic Structure
  3. Picnic Area
Description
The Wiggins-Collamer House was built circa 1835 by George Wiggins. It remained in the family until 1972 when Nelson P. Collamer, the great, great grandson of George Wiggins donated the parcel to the Town of Malta.

The home was used as the Malta Town Hall in the 1970s. While residing in the house, Mr. Collamer allowed the property to be used as a public park for campers and picnickers. While the park grounds are open to the public, the building is currently for sale by the Town.

Prohibitions
There is no alcohol or littering allowed in Town parks. Pets are allowed on a leash. All animal waste must be removed by the owner from the grounds.

Directions
The Collamer Park is located on the northwest corner of the intersection of East High Street and New York State Route 9.