Town Justice Court
Court Dates & Times
Pursuant to Governor Cuomo's Executive Order 202.11, a mask or facial covering must be worn inside the Court Building. Please maintain social distancing guidelines and follow the instructions of court personnel.
If you received a Vehicle and Traffic Law violation, you may enter your plea of guilty or not guilty on the ticket and mail it directly to the Court. You will receive follow up correspondence from the Court with information based upon your plea. If you were advised to appear in Court for a calendar date, please contact the Court at (518) 899-6121 for additional information.
Thank you for you patience and understanding as we adjust and follow the safety guidelines established for the Court System.
The Malta Town Court handles criminal matters, vehicle and traffic violations, small claims (up to $3,000), civil matters, eviction proceedings, and Town ordinance / zoning matters.
- First appearance on the second, third, and fourth Thursdays at 5:00 PM
- DA Days: Second and fourth Thursday of the month at 2:00 PM
- Pretrial Conferences: Third Thursday of month at 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Civil Matters:Fourth Thursday of the month at 4:00 PM(Must Be Scheduled by the Court)
- First appearances every Wednesday at 9:00 AM
- DA Days: First and third Wednesday of the month at 10:30 AM
- Pretrial Conferences: Second Wednesday of the month at 10 AM -11 AM
- Civil Matters: Fourth Wednesday of every month at 9:00 AM(Must Be Scheduled by the Court)
How to pay a fine;
- Fines may be paid with cash, credit cards, money orders, certified bank checks, or attorney checks (made payable to Malta Town Court). personal checks are NOT accepted. .
- A service fee is added to all credit card payments. Please note that neither the court nor the municipality receives any portion of the service fee.
- Credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) may be used in person.(Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover) may be used online at GovPayNet (the court does not accept credit card payments by phone). .
- You must know the name of the Judge who was assigned to your case, the amount due and your case number/ticket number. Please call the Court Clerk if you do not know this information
- To pay a fine under Judge Gottmann, use pay Location Code #7730
- To pay a fine under Judge Fauci, use pay Location Code #7731