Receiver of Taxes
Elected Receiver of Taxes & Assessments One of the cornerstones of town government is its authority to assess, levy, collect, and enforce payment of taxes. The real property tax is the most important source of locally raised municipal revenue.
In towns of the first class, such as the Town of Malta, the collection of taxes is carried out by an elected receiver of taxes and assessments.
2021 Tax Bills Will Be Mailed December 30, 2020
From Your RECEIVER of Taxes, Candace Schmidt
While the tax receiver’s office is not open to the public. Please use the drop box in entryway vestibule of Town Hall.
Malta Tax Receiver
2540 Route 9 Box 3
Malta, NY 12020
Available for appointments 518-899-5884
- January 04-31 Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Closed January 18, 2021 In Observance of Martin Luther King Day
- Weekday After Hours will be Monday January 11 & 25, 2021 5 pm- 8 pm
- Weekend After Hours will be Saturdays January 16 & 30, 2021 10 am-1 pm
- February & March payments accepted Wednesdays thru Fridays 12-4 pm
Pay by Mail
- Check Payable to: Town of Malta Tax Receiver, 2540 Route 9,Malta NY 12020
$1.75 for E-check
2.45% for credit cards
To View, Print or Pay Town & County Tax Bill Online:
- Enter Town website https:www.malta-town.org
- Find Government below top banner and click on it
- Click "Departments" then find "Receiver of Taxes"
- Click "View and Pay Taxes"
- Click "View and/or pay by Credit Card or Debit Card on-line"
- Choose "Collection 2021"
- Enter Last Name or Address (Leave off abbreviations ex: Rd. or Pl. or St.)
- Choose from list and follow instructions
Saratoga County Treasurer
40 McMaster St.
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Ph: (518) 884-4724